What is Influencer Marketing?
Influencer marketing as the word suggests is a type of marketing carried out to influence customers into buying your company’s product/ service offerings. Influencer marketing instead of targeting a large group of customers as a whole focuses only on online customers to spread your brand’s message to the larger market.
Instead of investing a large sum of money in targeting a larger group of consumers, you instead pay/hire a small proportion of online users to take your message forward to a larger audience.
Influencer marketing runs head-to-head with two other forms of online marketing: Social media marketing and content marketing. While most influencer marketing channels do have some form of social media components, influencers on the other hand through their personal social media channels are expected to spread the word. Many influencer campaigns are also known to carry a content element wherein you either develop content for the influencers or they develop the content themselves. Social media marketing and influencer marketing both fit under the huge umbrella of influencer marketing, but they are not direct synonyms of influencer marketing.
Unique Components of Influencer Marketing
Before your kick starts with your pragmatic influencer marketing campaign, it is important to take into consideration few unique components.
- Planning Influencer Marketing Strategy
- Influencer Identification
- Influencer Selection
- Program Workflow and Automation
- Evaluate & Track Key Metrics
- Optimized Distribution among different social media channels
Before your start looking for suitable influencers or develop a result driven influencer marketing strategy it is crucial to determine a few unique components to help set the pace.
- Know your Target Audience: The first and the most common mistake the marketing brands and influencers make is by deciding first the sort of influencers they would like to hire for their marketing campaign. But we recommend back paddling a bit and identifying your audience first. Who are you trying to reach out to? Who are the potential consumers for your message?
- Set Clear and precise Goals: Through influencer marketing campaigns brands relentlessly try to accomplish one most imperative aspect of marketing: Brand Awareness. Persuade people to try a product, gain social media followers, drive leads and increase sales.
- How you’ll Measure Success: The last key component is to determine how you and your clients plan to measure the growth. These often slide up to some higher level marketing goals or key performance indicators (KPIs) you wish to nail. By planning and setting up the appropriate tracking methods you’ll be able to track where a consumer is in the decision journey. The journey which in normal circumstances includes; Awareness, Purchase Consideration, Preference, or Loyalty
Key Components of Influencer Marketing
Setting up your Influencer Marketing Strategy: Curating a successful influencer marketing strategy demands lot of brainstorming and careful planning. If you wish to blend seamlessly into the process of developing an influencer marketing strategy with your clients you’ll need workbooks that contain helpful worksheets and examples to help you set the stage.
Influencer Identification and Selection: Depending on your marketing budget and scope of your campaign there are four main ways to identify influencers that can help you spread your brand story.
- Google: Ah, everyone’s favorite search tool. This is used to be the main way for brands and agencies to identify influencers they would love to work with. This process usually takes into account individual searches, scanning the plethora of webpages for contact information and then filling up spreadsheets to keep track of it all.
- Databases: Site scraping is another way to dig in for publicly available data. These are good places to start with your “influencer search mission” but extremely time-consuming, vetting each and every influencer and communicating with them directly.
- Marketplaces: A marketplace is a place wherein you’ll find the best of the database loaded with real-time information.
- Compelling content Creators: These are long form and high volume content developers that have already grabbed the attention of a sizeable audience because they’ve gotten to know them during their building process.
- Advocates and Employees: These brand loyals already love your brand and can be located online singing praises about your brand. Be active on your social media accounts and invite them to share and create content.
Campaign Workflow and Automation: The success of any influencer marketing campaign lies in developing fresh and unique content. Content that is informative, engaging and compelling to its target audience, authentic to the storyteller’s voice and can effectively put forth your brand story.
If what all your customers need is something to talk about your brand; then you better give it to them.
Even Distribution: Hiring infleuncers to develop content that will target the right audience is the spine of any influencer marketing strategy. But posting content on their site or across their social channels isn’t what it needs to viral content. Craft a content strategy to spread its usefulness over the whole marketing strategy. Use your content in qoutes, testimonials, cast celebrity influencers in your TV or print ads and even share your influencer content in your brand newsletter section.
Monitor and Track Key Metrics: Measuring the success of influencer marketing is tricky and confusing. This is how online actions outline the consumer decision journey.
Source – www.tapinfluence.com
Influencer marketing persuades the customers into buying a product/ service and develops content to help them take a path towards the destination.
In case you are still trying to wrap your head around this complex marketing strategy you can contact Web Solution Centre, best Website Designing Company in Delhi to help you better understand influencer marketing.