With the internet becoming ubiquitous, more and more people want to indulge in online buying of their favorite products & services. However, they expect a quick online shopping experience. A site which takes too much of a time to download is soon blacklisted by prospective and existing customers. In such a scenario, it is important to have a fast-loading portal. While there are several ways of speeding up a site, image optimization is by far the best bet.
Why Image Optimization?
For understanding why this process is important, let’s have a look at these facts:
- On an average, almost 64% of a web page constitutes of images.
- Image Optimization is one of the easiest ways of speeding up a site.
- It is possible to reduce the file size without compromising on the appearance of the image.
- It helps in reducing PNGs and JPEGs by almost 40% and 20% respectively.
Tips & Tricks
- Using a larger image and then adjusting its dimensions with code results in a massive increase in the size of the web page. One needs to ensure that the actual image possesses the same dimensions as the area on which it would be exhibited. For expert advice on this aspect, one may avail the services of a reputed web development company in Delhi.
- One should ensure to choose the right file format for varied applications. It is always advisable to select a GIF for animations, JPEG for photographs, and PNG for photographs with transparency.
- Experts suggest that every now and then one can conduct testing of the site and get rid of all those unnecessary images. One may take the assistance of an experienced website development company in Delhi.
- Most people opine that 24-bit PNG is the perfect format for semi-transparent pixels. That is not totally true, since semi-transparent pixels can also be accomplished using 8-bit PNG. This is possible by down sampling 24-bit PNGs to 8-bit.
By taking guidance from Web Solution Centre, an expert website development company in Delhi, one may develop a site that runs fast and yet looks great. Here’s a list of 5 Factors That Cause a Site to Speed Up or Slow Down.