Ready for your next wonderful read? I hope you are because this one will surely perk up your eyes and ears.
The experts of an Ecommerce Website Design Company in Delhi know how used to we are of hearing that ecommerce segment is showing a tremendous growth, that it is showing a rise in the market volume, sales, and revenue. But what does that actually mean? We millennials are so used to hearing facts and figures that stating things in general context without actual figures to support them seems hallow and incomplete.
So, before we get down to the task of comparing the top 5 Ecommerce Platforms of 2018, let’s first understand how and why these platforms reached where they are today.
- Retail e-commerce sales worldwide are estimated to rise to 2774 billion in 2018. (Statista)
- Global e-commerce sales are predicted to show 20% growth.
- Mobile will be reaching 70% of e-commerce traffic by the end of 2018.
- Over 2 billion mobile phone or tablet users made some form of ecommerce transaction in the year 2017.
With these trends in tow along with Google’s mobile-first indexing is a proof that mobile e-commerce is growing faster than general ecommerce. And mobile isn’t something you can take granted for anymore. Mobile is no longer a mere trend, but a full-proof necessity which you can’t avoid. Any avoidance or lack of proper indulgence in this regard will only lead to significant losses in revenue and sales.
The rise of the web has granted companies globally with a huge opportunity to reach a wider market and reach masses. If you are not making effective and full use of this opportunity then you are probably flushing huge sales and revenues down the drain. In case you have decided to take your business online and sell your products and service through an ecommerce website, it is quintessential that your website has to be accurately equipped.
Building an ecommerce website from the scratch is a task full of evaluation, contemplation and strategic planning. You need to be sure what all you want on your website and how you can give your visitors a smooth and streamlined user experience. With so many ecommerce platforms available in the market, deciding on the one that is most suitable for your online business is a hefty task that must be carried out after due diligence and expert advice.
As a renowned company in Web Design Delhi, to help ecommerce website owners make a wise choice, we are highlighting some of the best e-commerce software available right now.
Here is a List of Top 5 Ecommerce Platforms of 2018
- Magento is an open source ecommerce platform conceptualized in 2008.
- The qualities that made it the most promising and popular platform worldwide is its reliability, scalability, and flexibility.
- Popular brands like Burger King, Huawei, Pepe Jeans and Liverpool F.C. have their ecommerce websites built on Magento.
- Magento provides unlimited customization options.
- Easy to use and manage.
- Website owners can avail the benefits of more than 9000 plug-ins and extensions to provide much-needed scalability to their website.
- Get the treat of free social media extensions.
- Not everyone can work on Magento.
- You need to be a professional programmer or have a team of programmers to help your with the Magento ecommerce website set up.
- The basic Magento version is free for everyone but the enterprise version comes with a cost of at least $20,000/year.
- Woocommerce is an open source ecommerce platforms for building the customized ecommerce website for entrepreneurs worldwide.
- Woocommerce is built on an open-source content management system, which runs 26% of the web i.e. WordPress.
- The advantage of being built on world’s leading content management system provides Woocommerce with the ability to seamlessly blend commerce with content.
- It is highly customizable, so you can add as many options as you want.
- Comes with REST API to manage everything from products to orders.
- Get more than 400 official extensions ranging from payments and shipping to marketing and accounting.
- A wide variety of themes including each year’s default WordPress themes.
- The licensing fee will keep on increasing with the added number of extensions you add to the store.
- You need to take care of the domain, hosting and maintenance services yourself.
- If you are not a programmer yourself, then you’ll surely need someone with the development background to help you with the setup.
- Prestashop is freemium, open source ecommerce Platforms.
- More than 250,000 ecommerce websites worldwide are built on Prestashop.
- It is free to download and use, the only cost is for the extensions, the more you want, the more you have to pay.
- You can increase the room for scalability if you want some additional modules.
- It is easy to install, just download the software and upload it to your host.
- Prestashop comes in 60 different languages.
- It hosts more than 35000 modules and themes to modify the look and feel and functionality of your online store.
- The add-ons, extensions, and plug-ins bear huge costs even if needed for basic functionality.
- Prestashop is ideal for setting online store for small businesses; if you have a large business then you need to go somewhere else.
- In case you want the assistance of the expert team or support community members then get ready to shell out few more bucks.
- The default theme and features aren’t up to the mark as with other ecommerce platforms.
- Yokart is powerful ecommerce platforms designed especially for startups and SMBs.
- It is an ideal ecommerce platform if you are looking forward to building multi-vendor stores, like Amazon, eBay and Paytm.
- The latest version of Yokart supports multiple languages and multi-currency feature.
- The online store owner will not get the framework but the source code of the website.
- Website owners will get 12 months free technical support.
- All the price packages carry same features except the startup pack.
- Yokart is built on PHP, thus you need to have in-depth knowledge of this server-side scripting language to carry out any kind of customization.
- It isn’t an open-source ecommerce platform like Magento.
- Suitable only for startups and small and medium businesses.
- VirtueMart is an open source e-commerce solution.
- It is designed as an extension to Joomla! and Mambo content management systems.
- VirtueMart comes with basic features needed to set up an online store which can be extended with add-ons.
- If you have used Joomla! before, you’ll certainly face no problem working on VirtueMart.
- Provides great support and performance in the backend.
- Bear no monthly or transaction fees.
- VirtueMart lacks functionality, that is why it is far behind other ecommerce platform but luckily is still evolving and gaining popularity.
- If you are using VirtualMart, then it is important that your website runs on Joomla! since it will not support any other CMS.
- You need to have full knowledge of Joomla! to carry out any kind of customization.
If you have something to add to this list of top 5 Ecommerce Platforms then leave your comments in the section below.